Tuesday 20 October 2009

Dogs Dangly Bits


KSO Treks are the dogs dangly bits.

Ran from Tyndrum to Beinglass in the Treks for the Glee club run.
They have good grip and fit well, they offer much more protection than the standard KSO but you still have to take care to avoid stone bruising on the ball of foot.
From Tyndrum up through the woods and along the open section to Carmyle cottage was fine but after that the last couple of miles on the trail into Beinglass I was finding it hard work.

On inspection of my feet at Beinglass I had 1 hot spot on inside edge of BOF of my left foot, Stuck a compeed on to protest it and then changed into the Inov@8 F-Lites for the return journey. These are a really great shoe weight is only 230 grams and again do not offer much protection but they felt like moon boots after the Treks.

It took me a couple of miles to get into running with the F-Lites and I was slower on the return leg, I think the concentration of running in the Treks and the use of the Hamstrings rather than the Quads had taken more out of me than I had realised.

On Sunday we did part of the Heart of Scotland 100 route from just outside Dunkeld to Aberfeldy as it turned out this section was a marked cycle route so navigation was not an issue we did 14.5 miles and I ran in the F-lites but the terrain was such that had my feet not been tired the Treks would have been just fine.


My toes are beginning to spread I have gaps where I never had before this can only be a good thing. I am not sure how long the process will take but so far so good.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds an interesting run.

    I'm not sure why your post is not being registered by the whwblogs.

    The date seems to be right. Hopefully it will move up soon!

    John K

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be able to paint your toenails without risk of smudging soon. Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture and good post. I like it.

    zbsports

    ReplyDelete